How to make the fluffiest Japanese style pancakes at home! Follow all the directions in the video and the written ones down below to make these perfect jiggle pancakes.
Tips to get perfect souffle pancakes:
- Don’t over mix the flour in the Egg Yolk mixture.
- The Egg Whites meringue must be stiff enough: whip the egg whites at room temperature until stiff peaks form, but be careful to don’t over mix them, it mustn’t be chunky, it mustn’t break into pieces!
- Fold the Egg Whites gently in the yolk mixture: practice and you will succeed.
- Pile up the batter pancake vertically: add a new pile over the batter on the pan after it starts to form.
- Cook slow at low temperature and don’t flip them before cooked: the surface will be soft but not runny.
Makes about 4 Pancakes: Optional: top with Maple Syrup, or powdered sugar and serve them with fresh fruits and whipped cream.
Japanese Souffle Pancakes
Makes about 4 Pancakes:
Optional: top with Maple Syrup, or powdered sugar and serve them with fresh fruits and whipped cream.